Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Inspriration: This is John Singer Sargent's El Jaleo 1882
One of my favorite paintings by Sargent. Check out the Virtual Online gallery in my "interesting sites" section. An amazing collection. This painting is at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in Boston. It is on my must list to see. His watercolor paintings are some of the best if not the best. From time to time I like sharing some artists work that I find inspiring.
The mediums I have worked with are watercolor, graphite, ink and oil. Currently most of my finished paintings are watercolors.
I have studied Fine Art at Syracuse University, Rutgers University (BA), Montclair University, but I learned so much from studying with Harvey Dinnerstein, Sharon Sprung, Costa Vavagiakis and Michael Burban at the Art Students League in NYC.
For information and pricing for my work email me at: spdamato@gmail.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blue Skies Ahead
My cigar box/pochade box fitted with a tripod mount
I made this pochade box around 20 years ago. I went to a nearby cigar store and probably paid a few dollars for the empty box. I made some b...
-
I made this pochade box around 20 years ago. I went to a nearby cigar store and probably paid a few dollars for the empty box. I made some b...
-
The first piece is an impression of my father walking his dog, Dolly, on the boardwalk in Asbury Park. He lived there for a year and really ...
-
"The Entrance". Watercolor on Fabriano 300 lb. paper. 12" x 16", Unframed $500.00. A warm and inviting entrance that ca...


No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments: