Saturday, October 2, 2010

Another Recent Painting From Cranford (2010)


  I find Cranford to b
e a really inspirational town to paint in. I guess there is some sentiment there but also the historical charm that is mostly still intact. Many of the building were built around the turn of the century (19 -20th).

Awnings On North Avenue (watercolor)
12" x 16"

  The barber shop is unchanged from it's original state and seems to be run by some of the old school Italians. My grandfather was a barber and I believe he worked in a shop with a similar look. As kids, my brother and I used to try hide when he'd come over. He loved to cut hair and always seemed to cut it shorter than we wanted. After all we really liked the Beatles' look, but that was definitely out of the question. "Just a trim", he'd say.


Blue Skies Ahead

Back Of The Apartments On North Ave.

Back Of The Apartments On North Ave.  Watercolor and Ink   8 x 8 inches sold   This painting features a view of the back of the apartments o...